Sunday 25 October 2015

Kids today with their annoying Ipads

Have you all ever seen kids as young as 4 these days playing with ipads and smartphones? They are soooooooo annoying.

I know it is kind of ironic that i am complaining about kids these days with their ipads, but i really don't remember being that young or obsessed as they were about playing mobile video games. So much so that they are often looking down rather than up at their surroundings.

I often played video games at home. Back then the only mobile video game available was on the gameboy console which i did not get until much later in life. Yet, today i see kids as young as 4 years old being attached to their smartphones and tablets.

The parents are of course not blameless. They often give kids access to the ipads because they do not want the kids bothering them. Gone are the days where parenting skills are necessary. After All you can just rely on your ipad to help take care of your kid.

This is clearly a problem, as we have already discussed previously. I mean you have kids who seem to be more interested in what is in their screen rather than what is around them. I will definitely not get my kid an ipad.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. At my family gatherings, I often see my cousins' kids play games or watching videos on their parents ipads/phones. The reliance on such technology for convenience is contributing to nature deficit disorder, and it is especially worrying when it starts from a young age. I too, will not get my kids electronic devices at a young age.

    ReplyDelete